Terms and Conditions
If you are not a lawyer
This means that:
- If you use the API(s) you accept the terms and conditions for its usage.
- You may use the API(s) on demand, no caching or storing of content or data
- There is a limitation on the number of searches that you can do in the free version of the API. If you want to extend the number of searches per month, please contact the team
- You use the API(s) with the brand of Eniro. Eniro may block your account if we for whatever reason find your solution or behaviour inappropriate
- Your solution should be open and free to the public
- Eniro will upgrade the API(s) periodically. To be notified of updates, please subscribe to the Eniro API Twitter feed
- Eniro may change the terms at any time
- Eniro AB (or Eniro’s subsidiaries and/or licensors, as applicable) own all legal right, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in and to the Eniro API and the content (i.e. maps, text and pictures) made available through your use of the API
- You take full responsibility for the publication of the content made available to you through the api
- You must not modify, reorder, augment, or manipulate search results in any way
- As of now, 10 000 requests on a monthly basis
1. Api / service
- 1.1 The api.eniro.com (a.k.a. and synonym with developer.eniro.com) is a free service, available for anyone with an idea to use. api.eniro.com provides your solution with a high performance search engine, just register and run! Include and consume on your websites or in your apps. Terms and conditions for use of our services are stated below.
- 1.2 Use of the Service is Subject to these Terms. Your use of any of the services Eniro offer (referred to in this document as the "api" or the "service") is subject to the terms of this legal agreement between you and Eniro, whose principal place of business is at Kistagången 12, 164 40 Kista, Sweden ("Eniro"). This legal agreement is referred to as the "Terms".
- 1.3 Changes of the Terms. Eniro reserves the right to make changes of the Terms from time to time without prior notice. When these changes are made, Eniro will make a new copy of the Terms available at api.eniro.com. You understand and acknowledge that if you use the service after the date on which the Terms have changed, Eniro will consider your use as an acceptance of the updated Terms. If a modification is unacceptable to you, you shall refrain from further use of the api(s).
- 1.4 Governing law. These Terms and your use of the services shall be governed by Swedish law.
2. Accepting the Terms.
- 2.1 Acceptance of the Eniro Term(s). In order to use the api(s) you must agree to the Terms. You can accept the Terms by:
- (a) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by Eniro in the user interface for the Service; or
- (b) using the api(s). In this case, you understand and agree that Eniro will consider your use of the api(s) as an acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
3. Provision of the Service by Eniro.
- 3.1 Limits on Your Use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that Eniro may impose or adjust the limit of the number of transactions you may send and/or receive through the service; such fixed upper limits may be set or adjusted by Eniro at any time, at Eniro´s sole discretion. For further information, see Section 5.1.1(g) below.
4. License Requirements Your right to use the api is subject to your adherence to the following requirements:
- 4.1 Free, Public Accessibility to Your api/service Implementation.
- 4.1.1 General Rules.
- (a) Free Access (No Fees). Your api implementation must be accessible to users without charge and must not require a fee-based subscription or be imposed with any other fee-based restricted access.
- (b) Public Access (No Firewall). Your api implementation must not operate (i) only behind a firewall; or (ii) only on an internal network (except during the development and testing phase); or (iii) in a closed community (for example, through invitation-only access).
- 4.1.2 Exceptions.
- (a) Enterprise Agreement with Eniro. The rules in Section 4.1.1 (Free Access, Public Access) do not apply if you have entered into a separate written agreement with Eniro.
- 4.1.3 Examples.
- (a) You can require users to log in to your api implementation provided that you do not require users to pay a fee.
- 4.5 Responsibility for Breaches and Liability. Any and all use of the api is made at your own risk and Eniro takes no responsibility for the api or your implementation of the api, or any consequences thereof. Furthermore, Eniro makes no warranties regarding the api or the content made available to you through the use of the api. You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences of any such breach (including any loss or damage that Eniro, its subsidiaries and/or its licensors may suffer).
5. License Restrictions
Except as explicitly permitted under the Terms, or unless you have received prior written authorization from Eniro (or, as applicable, from the provider of particular content), Eniro's licenses above are subject to your adherence to all of the restrictions stated herein.
- 5.1 Restrictions on How You May Use the api(s). Except as explicitly permitted in the api(s) documentation, you must not (nor may you permit anyone else to) do any of the following:
- 5.1.1. General Restrictions.
- (a) No Access to api(s) except through the Service. You must not access or use the api(s) or any content through any technology or means other than those provided in the Service, or through other explicitly authorized means Eniro may designate
- (b) No Hiding of Identity. You must not hide or mask from Eniro the identity of your service as it uses the Service, including by failing to follow the identification conventions listed in the api(s) documentation.
- (c) No Reverse Engineering. You must not reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Service or any part thereof, unless this is explicitly permitted or required by applicable law;
- (d) No Modification of Search Results. You must not modify, reorder, augment, or manipulate search results in any way.
- (e) No Modification of Links. You must not modify, replace, obscure, or otherwise hinder the functioning of links to Eniro or third party websites provided in the Content. For the avoidance of doubt, titles for place results must link to the applicable URL provided in the result, unless the title is intended to be selected only for purposes of navigation by an end user accessing your api implementation from a device with appropriately space-constraining user interface options. In these cases, the title linking to the Eniro-provided text must be displayed as the top and primary link on the subsequent landing page or user interface component.
- (f) No Violation of Eniro Policies. You must not violate any policies in the api(s) documentation or violate Eniro's principles and other policies as Eniro may develop from time to time, including but not limited to the Eniro policies below, under which you agree not to:
- (i) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- (ii) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, defamatory, obscene, or unlawful content;
- (iii) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of the rights, or have the permission of the owner or other legal justification to use such content;
- (iv) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available messages that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters, or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements;
- (v) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any other content, message, or communication prohibited by applicable law, the Terms or any applicable Service policies or guidelines;
- (vi) download any file posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot legally be distributed in such manner;
- (vii) impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions or labels of the origin or source of Content, or other material;
- (viii) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service or any other of the Eniro Services;
- (x) delete, obscure, or in any manner alter any brand features, logos, warnings, notices (including but not limited to any copyright or other proprietary rights notices), or links that appear in the Service or the Content;
- (xi) interfere with or disrupt the Eniro Services, servers, or networks connected to the Eniro services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Eniro API and services;
- (xii) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Eniro services or content or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose;
- (xiii) display content in your api/service implementation that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by Eniro;
- (xiv) create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses, or obtain or attempt to obtain multiple keys for the same URL;
- (xv) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- (xvi) promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual; or
- (xvii) transmit any malicious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms, defects, and Trojan horses), or any other items of a destructive nature.
- (g) No Use Beyond Eniro's Transaction Limits and Usage Policies. If your application generates a high volume of transactions, Eniro reserves the right to set transaction limits, as described in the documentation. Eniro also reserves the right to set other usage policies in the documentation from time to time. If you want to engage in use outside these transaction limits or usage policies. The free account request limit is 10 000 requests on a monthly basis, please contact the Eniro partner team for more information.
- 5.1.2 Restrictions against Commercial Use
- Commercial use of the api is not permitted. Commercial use shall be interpreted as follows: any use which is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation. The api may not be used to provide direct marketing. Users right to benefit from or use the api (including content) shall be free - i.e. no fees (including membership, subscription rights etc) shall be charged.
- 5.1.3 Restrictions against Data Export or Copying.
- (a) No Pre-Fetching, Caching, or Storage of Content. You must not pre-fetch, cache, or store any Content, except to store: (i) limited amounts of Content for the purpose of improving the performance of your api implementation if you do so temporarily, securely, and in a manner that does not permit use of the content outside of the service; and (ii) any content identifier or key that the api(s) documentation specifically permits you to store. For example, you must not use the content to create an independent database of "places, persons or listings."
- (b) No Mass Downloads or Bulk Feeds of Content. You must not use the Service in a manner that gives you or any other person access to mass downloads or bulk feeds of any Content.
6. Terminating this Agreement.
- 6.1 The Terms will continue to apply as long as you use the api and until terminated by either you or Eniro as set out below.
- 6.2 You may terminate your agreement with Eniro by stop your use of Eniro's api(s) and service(s). I.e. you shall remove the content and the api from your website or application. You do not need to specifically inform Eniro when you stop using the Service. Note that your use (including implementation) of the api is always considered as an acceptance of the Terms and a continuation of this agreement.
- 6.3 Eniro may, at any time and without notice, terminate the agreement with you or cease providing all, or any part, of the Service immediately if:
- (a) you have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner that clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to, comply with the provisions of the Terms); or
- (b) Eniro is required to do so by law (for example, due to a change to the law governing the provision of the Service); or
- (c) the Service relies on data or services provided by a third party partner and the relationship with such partner (i) has expired or been terminated or (ii) requires Eniro to change the way Eniro provides the data or services through the Service; or
- (d) providing the Service could create a substantial economic burden as determined by Eniro in its reasonable good faith judgment; or
- (e) providing the Service could create a security risk or material technical burden as determined by Eniro in its reasonable good faith judgment.
- 6.4 Nothing in this Section will affect Eniro's rights regarding provision of the Service under Section 3 (Provision of the Service by Eniro) of the Terms.
7. Personal data
- Personal data is processed in accordance with the Swedish Personal Data Act (1998:204). For more information on Eniro's processing of personal data, see http://www.eniro.se/hjalp/integritetspolicy/privacypolicy.
- Note that the api will give you access to content owned by Eniro, its subsidiaries or its licensors. Such content may be subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Eniro. Hence, your use of protected content is restricted by law and the instructions given by Eniro and/or its licensors. You will be held liable for infringement or any other unauthorized use of the content. For example - protected content may not be altered, adjusted or copied without the consent of the proprietor. For more information, see user terms at http://www.eniro.se/hjalp/lankpolicy. Should you have questions concerning your right to use content made available to you through the Eniro API, please contact Eniro. Copyright notices and similar information added to the content must not be removed.
- Furthermore, the content made available through the api must not be displayed on websites or in applications which contain offensive material (text, pictures etc) or be used in ways (or for purposes) which may be considered as criminal (for example defamation or incitement to racial hatred). Eniro reserves the right to act against any use of the content which may be in conflict with the relevant legislation, Eniro's ethical values or other applicable Eniro policies.
- You will use the api and publish our content at your website at your own risk. Eniro is not liable for any claims you receive from a third party due to your publication or use of our content.
- The Swedish tv and radio authority has granted Eniro a certificate of publication for the database and website www.eniro.se. It should be noted that you, as a user of the api, may not claim limited liability under this certificate of the publication even if you publish content from www.eniro.se. Thus, the certificate does only comprise the website/database and not the content in itself.
© Eniro AB, 2012